Create a Clutter-Free and Functional Home Office
Working out of the home is a reality for many people today, so a functional home office space can give your home a competitive advantage over other homes on the market.
Try to make the space as functional as possible, and if it’s part of another room, make sure and maintain the main function of the room.
Here are some home office tips:
- Store all the files and paperwork you don’t need for everyday function.
- Remove big, bulky filing cabinets that take up a lot of space and store them somewhere else to make the office look bigger.
- Clean everything off the desk surface, leaving only your computer and desk lamp. A neat desktop makes the work space look more functional, and the lighting makes it look more inviting.
- Store all personal and confidential or client information out of sight. Set up a password protected screensaver on your desktop.
- Weed out the postings on bulletin boards or wall organizers. A few things are okay to make the office look organized and functional, but an overcrowded bulletin board looks crowded.
- If your office is a part of another room, make sure it doesn’t overpower the main function of the room. If it’s in the dining room, consider setting up temporary space elsewhere.